The communities of Berlin Heights and Milan were joined
together in 1968 to form what is now the Edison Local School
District. Prior to this consolodation, both communities had
very successful and strong football programs.
The Berlin Tigers, with school colors of orange and black,
began playing 6-man football in 1945. The tigers were involved
in several different leagues and won championships in each of
them. They won the Erie County Championship in 1958 and 1949,
the North Central Championship in 1958 and 1960, and the
Firelands Conference Championship in 1948 and 1965. The tigers
completed undefeated seasons on four occasions - 1950, 1954, 1955,
and 1958. During a three season span, 1953-1955, the tigers had a
string of 15 consecutive wins and the 1954 team was recognized as
the 8th best undefeated team in the Nation according the
6-man Football Magazine.
The Milan Indians, with school colors of red and blue, began its
football program in 1957 under head coach Duane Yoder. The Indians
won Firelands Conference Champions in 1964, 1966, and 1967.
The 1967 team ended the season ranked 7th in the class A AP Poll.
The Milan Indians program ended on a 19 game winning streak.
EDISON CHARGER FOOTBALL